Attendance and cancellations
· You must give as much notice as possible if you cannot attend a pre-arranged session, either by informing via email to email@example.com or mobile 03330509037.
· If you miss a pre-arranged session without giving 48 hours notice you might not be considered for further appointments.
· Whenever your support worker is unable to attend an appointment, we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. For this reason it is essential that we have a contact telephone number. If for any unforeseen reason your therapist does have to amend or cancel an appointment, they will make contact with you over the telephone.
· If you arrive late for your appointment, please respect that the support worker may have other clients due for appointments and may not be able to provide a full session as planned.
Data protection and confidentiality
· Your data will be treated confidentially at all times during your support, in compliance with current UK legislation to ensure your data is stored safely and protect.
· You agree to keep confidential all matters pertaining to other members during group sessions.
· We are required by law to apply the same level of protection to your data, while also complying with the ethical framework of their respective professional body in relation to client confidentiality.
Treatment protocols and confidentiality
· The frequency of your sessions will be discussed and agreed with you during your meetings.
· At any time during your support journey should it be felt that you are a danger to yourself or others, or that you may be in danger of harm from others, the support worker may need to contact your GP, the emergency services, or other relevant professional. Furthermore, should there be any concerns relating to the safety of a child or vulnerable adult they will be required to inform the relevant professional. You will always be informed prior to any action being taken.
By sending your request, you agree to abide by the terms described above.